SCARSDALE, N.Y. -- Mathnasium, The Math Learning Center, is hiring an assistant center director for Scarsdale and a new Central Avenue location.
Every day, students around the world attend Mathnasium learning centers to boost their math skills. The centers are highly specialized, teaching only math using a curriculum developed over the past 35 years to students from pre-kindergarten to high school.
The assist center director will be responsible for:
- Ensuring company policies, standards and procedures are followed.
- Conducting center tours and consultative sales presentations.
- Building rapport with parents and effectively conveying the benefits of Mathnasium and effectively enrolling students.
- Acting as manager on duty, opening/closing the center.
- Managing the center during instructional hours, including assigning students to instructors and adjusting student/instructor ratios as necessary.
- Ensuring all instructors utilize the Mathnasium method when teaching students.
- Reviewing student needs and educational status with center director on an ongoing basis.
- Providing feedback to center director regarding instructor performance.
- Participating in local marketing events.
- Performing operational and administrative functions as assigned.
Required qualifications include:
- Minimum one year related experience, preferably in a leadership role in education, sales or customer service.
- Excellent math skills through algebra 2 and trigonometry.
- Good understanding of Common Core Math.
- Collaborative leadership; ability to train and engage staff as well as delegating responsibilities.
- Highly organized; ability to handle multiple concurrent assignments and projects.
- Strong problem-solving and conflict resolution skills.
- Open availability during business operating hours, including evenings and weekends.
- Have a love for math and college degree.
Hours will vary, but generally are afternoons and evenings Monday through Thursday from 2-8:30 p.m. and Saturdays from 9 a.m.-2 p.m. Salary starts at $18 per hour plus bonuses. This is a part time position, and assistant center directors typically work between from 28 and 32 hours per week.
Send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Also include the answer to the following question 99+99+99=? Visit the website to become more familiar with the company before applying.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.