WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- Office supply giant Staples plans to close up to 225 of its North American stores by the end of the year and its 10 Westchester locations could be among those that shutter its operations, according to NBC News.
The closures reportedly amount to roughly 12-percent of Staples total stores on the continent, as the market moves to online sales.
Staples is hoping to slash company costs by $500 million by the end of 2015, according to the article.
Staples has Westchester locations in Elmsford, Larchmont, Mount Kisco, Mount Vernon, Port Chester, Scarsdale, White Plains, Yonkers and Yorktown.
- 1 Nearly 1M Bicycles Recalled After Rider Is Paralyzed
- 2 Broadway Producer's Westchester Home Hits Market For $29.5M
- 3 Victim In DWI Crash Sues White Plains Bar
- 4 Bronx River Parkway Closures Planned Thursday, Friday In Westchester
- 5 Westchester Schools Reporting High Opt-Out Rates On State Math Tests