WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. -- The Wall Street Journal is looking into the growth of Facebook, founded by Westchester County native Mark Zuckerberg, as the social media website celebrates its 10th anniversary this year.
Zuckerberg, 29, was born in White Plains, raised in Dobbs Ferry and briefly attended Ardsley High School.
He created Facebook in 2004 as a student at Harvard University, which was famously depicted in the 2010 film, "The Social Network."
Zuckerberg has since been named "Time" magazine's Person of the Year and Facebook is valued at $153 billion.
- 1 Scarsdale Resident Indicted In Metro-North Test Cheating Ring
- 2 Former Exec From PepsiCo In Purchase Resigns From Toyota After Drug Bust
- 3 July 4 Terror Threat Is 'Nothing Routine,' Says Former CIA Deputy Director
- 4 Man, 29, Pleads Guilty To Child Porn Charges, Says Westchester DA
- 5 July 4 Terror Warning Security Measures In Westchester Detailed