GREENBURGH, N.Y. -- Critically acclaimed author Letty Cottin Pogrebin will discuss her new book, "How To Be A Friend To A Friend Who's Sick," at the Greenburgh Hebrew Center in Dobbs Ferry on Sunday, March 9 at 10 a.m.
Throughout her recent bout with breast cancer, Pogrebin became intrigued by her friends' and family's diverse reactions to her and her illness. She talked to veterans of serious illness, seeking to discover what sick people wished their friends knew (and were surprised they didn't know) about how to comfort, help, and even simply talk to them.
Books will be available for purchase and signing.
The Greenburgh Hebrew Center is at 515 Broadway in Dobbs Ferry.
- 1 Westchester IHOP Locations Serve Free Pancakes For Donations To Hospitals
- 2 Explosion Blows Out Windows In Hartsdale Bagel Shop
- 3 March Comes In Like A Lion As Latest Snowstorm Hits Scarsdale
- 4 Winter Weather Advisory For New Round Of Snow In Scarsdale
- 5 Scarsdale Could See Up To 6 Inches Of Snow In Latest Storm