GREENBURGH, N.Y. -- Critically acclaimed author Letty Cottin Pogrebin will discuss her new book, "How To Be A Friend To A Friend Who's Sick," at the Greenburgh Hebrew Center in Dobbs Ferry on Sunday, March 9 at 10 a.m.
Throughout her recent bout with breast cancer, Pogrebin became intrigued by her friends' and family's diverse reactions to her and her illness. She talked to veterans of serious illness, seeking to discover what sick people wished their friends knew (and were surprised they didn't know) about how to comfort, help, and even simply talk to them.
Books will be available for purchase and signing.
The Greenburgh Hebrew Center is at 515 Broadway in Dobbs Ferry.
- 1 Westchester Attorney Charged With Stealing Over $1M From Escrow Accounts
- 2 Serious Multi-Vehicle Accident Closes Saw Mill River Parkway
- 3 NYPD Officer, Former Section 1 Basketball Star, Killed In Bronx Crash
- 4 Mrs. Westchester Charged With Stealing From Group Home
- 5 Open Houses In Scarsdale This Weekend