GREENBURGH, N.Y. -- Critically acclaimed author Letty Cottin Pogrebin will discuss her new book, "How To Be A Friend To A Friend Who's Sick," at the Greenburgh Hebrew Center in Dobbs Ferry on Sunday, March 9 at 10 a.m.
Throughout her recent bout with breast cancer, Pogrebin became intrigued by her friends' and family's diverse reactions to her and her illness. She talked to veterans of serious illness, seeking to discover what sick people wished their friends knew (and were surprised they didn't know) about how to comfort, help, and even simply talk to them.
Books will be available for purchase and signing.
The Greenburgh Hebrew Center is at 515 Broadway in Dobbs Ferry.
- 1 Boil Water Advisory Affects 150,000 Westchester Residents
- 2 Daughter Of Eastchester Man Sentenced In Crash That Killed Three
- 3 Scarsdale Fire Department Investigating Possible Propane Leak
- 4 Schumer Calls For Harsher 'Swatting' Penalties In Eastchester Visit
- 5 Thieves Stole Personal Data From 104,000 Taxpayers, IRS Says