GREENBURGH, N.Y. -- Critically acclaimed author Letty Cottin Pogrebin will discuss her new book, "How To Be A Friend To A Friend Who's Sick," at the Greenburgh Hebrew Center in Dobbs Ferry on Sunday, March 9 at 10 a.m.
Throughout her recent bout with breast cancer, Pogrebin became intrigued by her friends' and family's diverse reactions to her and her illness. She talked to veterans of serious illness, seeking to discover what sick people wished their friends knew (and were surprised they didn't know) about how to comfort, help, and even simply talk to them.
Books will be available for purchase and signing.
The Greenburgh Hebrew Center is at 515 Broadway in Dobbs Ferry.
- 1 White Plains Housekeeper Charged With Scarsdale Larceny
- 2 Edgemont, Scarsdale High Schools Rank In Top 10 Among New York's Best
- 3 Snow Likely Overnight Thursday In Scarsdale
- 4 Snow Could Affect Friday Morning Commute In Scarsdale
- 5 Winter Storm Watch Issued For Scarsdale; 6-12 Inches Of Snow Likely