SCARSDALE, N.Y. – Donations for The Friends of the Scarsdale Library annual book sale are being accepted through Friday, Aug. 22.
If donating in July, books can be left inside the gray door on the side of the Scarsdale Library at 54 Olmsted Road. If donating in August, books can be dropped off in the library lobby. Books should be gently used; damaged, moldy or ripped/torn books will not be accepted. Textbooks, encyclopedias and magazines are also not accepted.
The book sale offers 60,000 almost-new and out-of-print books, including best-sellers, classics, biographies, fiction, parenting, cooking, art, history, humor, self-help, drama, religion, business and poetry. There is a large children’s book section, as well as DVDs, CDs, audiobooks and sheet music for sale. Proceeds from the sale help the library continue to provide programs and services to Scarsdale residents.
The Friends of the Scarsdale Library book sale will begin on Friday, Sept. 5, from 7-9 p.m. at a Friends preview. New members may join at the door that evening for $25. The sale will run until Sunday, Sept. 14. New books are added daily.
For more information about volunteering or donations, contact Kathy Steves at Steves10583@gmail.com.
For more information about the Scarsdale Public library, visit the website or call 914-722-1300.
- 1 Scarsdale Ranks High Among Nation’s 100 Best Suburbs
- 2 Obama Will Fly Into Westchester Airport For Big-Ticket Fundraiser
- 3 Astorino Asks Obama If He 'Wants To Say Hi' To Hillary Clinton During Visit
- 4 Tarrytown's Happy Rockefeller, Wife Of Late Nelson Rockefeller, Dies
- 5 Dozens Sickened In Nine States After Eating Raw Tuna