GREENBURGH, N.Y. – Spring has officially sprung in Westchester County, as families from far and wide basked in the glow of the elusive sun at the Greenburgh Nature Center on Sunday.
Hundreds of families came to the Nature Center for its annual Spring Celebration and Easter Egg hunt, which featured crafts, food, local vendors and other events tailored for children.
The event included several Easter Egg hunts on the Forest Trail outside the greenhouse, hair coloring, a parachute game sponsored by Gymboree for toddlers, games and raffles. Adventurous children got up close and personal with some of the Nature Center’s animals while others toured the grounds.
“It’s just nice to be able to take the kids out of the house and do something outside after this winter,” Yonkers resident Jim Farrell said with his daughters Danielle, 5 and Josie, 3. “This is the first time that it feels like warm weather might be here to stay.”
Check out our photo gallery to see some of the action that took place during the celebration of spring. Have any photos of your own from the event? E-mail them to firstname.lastname@example.org to have them added to the gallery.
- 1 White Plains Housekeeper Charged With Scarsdale Larceny
- 2 Edgemont, Scarsdale High Schools Rank In Top 10 Among New York's Best
- 3 Snow Likely Overnight Thursday In Scarsdale
- 4 Snow Could Affect Friday Morning Commute In Scarsdale
- 5 Winter Storm Watch Issued For Scarsdale; 6-12 Inches Of Snow Likely