WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. -- The Mental Health Association of Westchester will host a mega yoga event on Wednesday, June 18 at 5:30 p.m.
The event will now be held at the Woodlands High School gymnasium on 475 West Hartsdale Avenue in Hartsdale because of the possibility of rain. It had been scheduled to be on Court Street in the middle of White Plains.
This year, the teacher is renowned yogi, Matthew Sanford. Sanford is the author of the book, "Waking: A Memoir of Trauma and Transcendence," in which he tells the story of the car accident in which he was paralyzed from the chest down and the subsequent waking of both mind and body through yoga.
Pre-registration is $20 or $25 the day of the event. Participants under 12 are $10. The first 500 registrants receive a free mat and gift bag.
After the yoga class, the ensemble will invite everyone to stay and dance.
- 1 Dozens Sickened In Nine States After Salmonella Outbreak
- 2 U.S. $1.1M Water Treatment Westchester Fine Cites Scarsdale
- 3 Metro-North Trains Returns To Schedule As Grand Central Reopens
- 4 Police Asking Public's Help In Search For Missing Teen With Medical Needs
- 5 Scarsdale Co-Ops Get $7.5 Million In Loans From National Cooperative Bank