SCARSDALE, N.Y. -- The Scarsdale Adult School is joining with the Hudson River Museum for a special tour of the Industrial Sublime exhibit on Thursday, Jan. 16.
The tour of the exhibit, "Industrial Sublime: Modernism and the Transformation of New York’s Rivers, 1900-1940," at the Hudson River Museum at 511 Warburton Ave. in Yonkers begins at 1 p.m.
"Modernism and the transformation of New York's rivers from 1900 to 1940 are featured in over 70 works from museums around the country," representatives said. "Moving away from the bucolic scenes of the Hudson River School, artists in the early twentieth century such as Robert Henri, John Sloan, and others from the Ashcan School turned their attention to the urban scenes of the New York metropolis with the industrialization of the city's waterfront."
The exhibit is scheduled to close on Friday, Jan. 17. Tickets for the tour are $20. Residents can register at the Scarsdale Adult School website.
- 1 18-24 Inches Of Snow Now Possible In Scarsdale; Blizzard Warning Issued
- 2 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Scarsdale, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 3 Bigger Storm Could Be Coming Soon After Westchester Sees 6-8 Inches Of Snow
- 4 Scarsdale Dodges Worst Of Nor'ester
- 5 Scarsdale Enters State Of Emergency As Snow Steadily Falls