SCARSDALE, N.Y. – Keep losing at “Words With Friends?” Want to gain 50 bonus points with a seven-letter word in Scrabble? The Jewish Community Center of Mid-Westchester, on the Scarsdale-New Rochelle line, is hosting a workshop in January to help you boost your word-game skills.
From 9:30 to 11:30 a.m. on Jan. 9, three-time national Scrabble champion Joe Edley will be at the JCC to show how to use two-letter words effectively, and how to create more seven- and eight-letter words to earn those bonus points. Edley will explain which individual letters and combinations should be held on to, while demonstrating how to focus on the best plays quickly.
Edley is a professional Scrabble player who has been on the tournament circuit for more than 30 years. He is an expert consultant for the National Scrabble Association and the co-author of “Everything Scrabble.”
Players of all ages and abilities are welcome to the workshop. The class will cost $25 and registration must be completed at the JCC front desk no later than Jan. 2. Participants should bring their own complete Scrabble set.
- 1 Westchester Attorney Charged With Stealing Over $1M From Escrow Accounts
- 2 Police Locate Threats Against Westchester, LI Schools Made On Yik Yak App
- 3 Three Tellers Charged In Identity Theft Bust Involving Westchester Banks
- 4 Respiratory Virus Affecting Children May Have Arrived In Westchester
- 5 Serious Multi-Vehicle Accident Closes Saw Mill River Parkway