SCARSDALE, N.Y. – The Scarsdale Public Library is offering the following programs:
- Disney’s animated feature “Inside Out” will be shown at a special children’s movie program on Wednesday, Dec. 2, at 6:30 p.m. The film is set in the mind of a young girl, Riley Andersen, where five personified emotions -- joy, sadness, fear, anger and disgust -- try to lead her through life as her parents move the family to a new city.
- Robert the Guitar Guy comes to the library on Tuesday, Dec. 1, at 10 a.m.
- On Tuesday at 4 p.m., the weekly Traditional Tuesday Storytime will feature stories and rhymes designed specifically for ages 3 ½ to 5.
- On Thursday, Dec. 3, the weekly Mother Goose for Walkers Up to Age Two will be held at 9:30 a.m. and 10:30 a.m. This language enrichment program uses rhymes, songs and stories to stimulate listening, learning, speaking and reading skills. Mother Goose for Walkers is limited to the first 20 appropriately aged children.
- Mother Goose for Pre-Walkers, a program of rhymes, songs and stories for infants who are not yet walking, will be held Friday, Dec. 4, at 9:30 a.m. Reservations are not required.
- Parachute Playtime will be held on Saturday, Dec. 5, at 10:30 a.m. The program includes games with a parachute for grown-ups and children ages 2-4. Registration is required at the library’s website.
- Later on Saturday, Dec. 5, at 3 p.m., dogs will lend their ears to young readers who want to practice reading out loud in “Wag Your Tale.” Children who are tentative about their reading skills can gain confidence by reading – not to an adult, who may be overprone to correct, but to an uncritical canine companion. Registration is required on the library’s website.
The Scarsdale Public Library is at 54 Olmsted Road. For more information, click here or call (914)- 722-1300.