SCARSDALE, N.Y. -- There’s lots to do in the Scarsdale area this spring weekend, says state Assemblywoman Amy Paulin.
Paulin, who represents the 88th Assembly District, has her staff compile a long list of goings-on.
These are some highlights:
- Emergency preparedness forum: Scarsdale Library, 54 Olmstead Road. 7:30 p.m. Scarsdale Village Deputy Mayor Robert Cole and others will discuss emergency preparedness.
- Book sale: Friends of the Eastchester Public Library. Member preview, 6-8 p.m. The sale continues from 9:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. Friday and Saturday; from 1:30 p.m.- 4:30 p.m. Sunday, and from 9:30 a.m. - 2 p.m. Monday.
- Opera: St. Paul’s Historic Church, 897 S. Columbus Avenue, Mount Vernon. Bronx Opera Company performances. 3 p.m.
- Poetry Festival: Sarah Lawrence College ,1 Mead Way, Bronxville. 6:30 - 10 p.m. Heimbold Visual Arts Center Donnelley Film Theatre. It continues Saturday from 11 a.m. - 7:30 p.m., and Sunday from 11 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Salem witch trials talk: Sarah Lawrence College’s Performing Arts Center Reisinger Auditorium . Bronxville Historical Conservatory hosting a talk by Pulitzer Prize-winning historian and author Stacy Schiff. 8-10 p.m.
- Colonial Market Fair: Thomas Paine Cottage Museum, 20 Sicard Ave., New Rochelle. 10 a.m. - 5 p.m. Rain date: Sunday.
- Classical Cafe: Shaarei Tikvah Congregation, 46 Fox Meadow Road, Scarsdale. 9 p.m. Live music includes performances by Cantor Gerald Cohen and pianist Alexandra Joan.
- Tag sale: Scarsdale Women’s Club, 37 Drake Road, Scarsdale. 9 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- Volunteer Garden Cleanup Day: Bartow-Pell Mansion Museum, 895 Shore Road, Pelham Bay Park. 10 a.m. - 2 p.m.
- Bike-A-Thon: Bronxville Women’s Club, 135 Midland Ave. 9-11 a.m. There will also be a scavenger hunt.
- Theater: The Play Group Theatre, 1 North Broadway, White Plains, will present “A Little Princess.” 2 and 7 p.m.
- NY Metro Reptile Expo: Westchester County Center, White Plains. 10 a.m. - 4 p.m.
For more information about these and other events in the area, click here .