SCARSDALE, N.Y. – The Scarsdale Parks and Recreation Department is offering several trips in the coming weeks for students in grades 6-9 who are interested in exploring parts of the East Coast.
There will be a day trip Jan. 27 to the Great Wolf Lodge, an indoor water park, in Scotrun, Pa. that features several waterslides, pools and a lazy river. The bus will departs at 8 a.m. and should return at approximately 7:30 p.m.
Those going to the park should bring a swimsuit, towel, change of clothes and a plastic bag for wet bathing suits. The trip will cost $90, and a lunch of chicken fingers, macaroni and cheese and soda is included. Extra spending money for the snack bar and arcade is optional.
Participants should arrive at Village Hall by 5:45 a.m. for a 6 a.m. bus. There will be no rentals permitted at the mountain so students should bring their own ski or snowboard equipment, as well as extra spending money for food.
Each ski trip will cost $95, and students should arrive back at Village Hall by approximately 5:30 p.m. There are a limited number of spots on the bus available so early registration is advised. Late registrants will be put on a waiting list.
Interested parties can register for the events online at the department's website or in person at the department's office in Village Hall.
- 1 Hutch Reopens After Overturned Vehicle Accident; Stop-And-Go Delays On I-95
- 2 Police Seek Suspect In Scarsdale Dry Cleaner Robbery
- 3 Daughters Defend Edgemont Mother Who Drove SUV In Fatal Train Crash
- 4 TV Show Interview With Daughters Of SUV Driver In Fatal Crash Postponed
- 5 Snow Could Return To Scarsdale For Monday Morning Commute