WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. -- White Plains Hospital will be calling attention to obesity and the need for treatment and prevention by sponsoring its first Walk From Obesity on Sunday, May 18.
This event is scheduled to take place at the White Plains High School Track. Registration will begin at 9 a.m. and the walk will kick off at 10 a.m.
The pick-your-pace fun walk/run will be the centerpiece of the day, taking place on the track which is a quarter-mile loop on a flat road surface surrounded by scenic woods.
The event will also include raffle prizes, giveaways, interactive vendor booths and education on healthy lifestyles and cooking. The funds raised support both the American Society of Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery Foundation and the Obesity Action Coalition.
Visit wphospital.org to learn more.
- 1 Michael Douglas, Catherine Zeta-Jones Buy New Westchester Home
- 2 Superstorm Sandy Was Not The 'Big One,' So Scarsdale Must Prepare
- 3 First Snowfall Of Season In Scarsdale Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 4 Hutchinson Parkway Reopens After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire
- 5 Police Issue Alert For Missing Teens Who Could Be In Westchester