SCARSDALE, N.Y. -- A week of children’s programs is organized at the Scarsdale Public Library starting the Monday, April 11.
- Make it Monday is an advanced crafts program for children ages 7 and up. It takes place on Monday, April 11 at 4 p.m. Registration is required at the library website, scarsdalelibrary.org.
- Robert the Guitar Guy brings his special brand of music on Tuesday, April 12, at 10:30 a.m. Robert and his repertoire of more than 75 songs entertains young children up to age 5.
- Later that day at 4 p.m., the weekly storytime will feature stories and rhymes designed specifically for ages 3 1/2-5.
- On Thursday, April 14, the weekly Mother Goose for Walkers Up to Age Two will be held at 9:30 and 10:30 a.m. This language enrichment program uses rhymes, songs and stories to stimulate listening, learning, speaking and reading skills. Mother Goose for Walkers is limited to the first 20 appropriately aged children. Attendees must have a ticket which are distributed on a first come, first served basis to Scarsdale cardholders in the Children’s Room half an hour before the start of each session. Children are limited to attend one session of Mother Goose per week.
- At 4 p.m., the weekly Needlemania!, a crochet club for children in grades 3 and up will meet. Children have an opportunity to learn the basics or show off their existing skills while meeting new friends. Registration is required at the library website. scarsdalelibrary.org.
- Mother Goose for Pre-Walkers, a program of rhymes, songs and stories for infants who are not yet walking, will be held Friday, April 15, at 9:30 a.m. Registration is not required.