SCARSDALE, N.Y. -- ￼The Fall 2015 Leaf Collection Program runs through Dec. 4 from 7 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Monday through Friday.
The village has a few tips for residents to make sure their leaves are picked up and everything runs smoothly for the work crews:
- Pile leaves neatly on the grass near the edge of road/curbside. Note: Make sure it is only leaves in the pile and nothing else.
- Use biodegradable paper bags for yard waste (grass clippings, twigs, plants, etc.).
- Contractors can bring residents' leaves to the village recycling center, 110 Secor Road, for free, if they are pre-registered with the village.
- Please keep leaf piles on your own property, don't block any roadways or sidewalks with piles of leaves. Also avoid blocking storm drains or fire hydrants.
- Any grass, branches or other material placed with leave piles will not be picked up.
Leaves will not be picked up after Dec. 4.
For more information, contact the Department of Public Works at 914-722-1150.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.