SCARSDALE, N.Y. -- Happy Birthday to Scarsdale’s David Adam Galef!
Galef, who grew up in Scarsdale, turns 55 on Thursday.
David Adam Galef, a fiction writer, critic, poet, translator, and essayist, was born March 27, 1959, in the Bronx. Galef has published thirteen books. In addition, he has written more than seventy short stories for magazines ranging from the British Punch to the Czech Prague Revue, the Canadian Prism International and the American Shenandoah. His essays and reviews have appeared in The New York Times, Newsday, The Village Voice, Twentieth Century Literature, The Columbia History of the British Novel and others.
His awards include a Henfield Foundation grant, a Writers Exchange award from Poets & Writers, and a Mississippi Arts Council grant, as well as residencies at Yaddo and Ragdale.
- 1 White Plains Housekeeper Charged With Scarsdale Larceny
- 2 Edgemont, Scarsdale High Schools Rank In Top 10 Among New York's Best
- 3 Winter Storm Watch Issued For Scarsdale; 6-12 Inches Of Snow Likely
- 4 Snow Likely Overnight Thursday In Scarsdale
- 5 College Student With Measles Rode Upstate Through Westchester