SCARSDALE, N.Y. Happy Birthday to Scarsdale’s Eve Ensler!
Ensler, a long time Scarsdale resident, turns 61 on Sunday.
Ensler, a playwright, performer, feminist, activist and artist, best known for her play The Vagina Monologues, was born May 25, 1953, in New York City. She has received numerous awards for her artistic and anti-violence work.
Ensler was awarded the Isabelle Stevenson Award, which recognizes an individual from the theater community who has made a substantial contribution of volunteered time and effort on behalf of humanitarian, social service, or charitable organizations, at the 65th Tony Awards.
She also won OK2BU Humanitarian Award in recognition of outstanding contributions to the LGBT community. Ensler has been honored for her effort to end violence against women and girls by such organizations as Planned Parenthood (2004, 2006), The Women’s Prison Association (2004), Sahkti (2004), and several LGBT centers (2004,2006).
- 1 Westchester Attorney Charged With Stealing Over $1M From Escrow Accounts
- 2 Serious Multi-Vehicle Accident Closes Saw Mill River Parkway
- 3 NYPD Officer, Former Section 1 Basketball Star, Killed In Bronx Crash
- 4 Mrs. Westchester Charged With Stealing From Group Home
- 5 Sprain Brook Parkway Checkpoint Results In 12 Charges