SCARSDALE, N.Y. -- Happy Birthday to Scarsdale’s Liza Minnelli!
Minnelli, who attended Scarsdale High School, turns 69 on Thursday.
Liza May Minnelli, an actress, singer and dancer was born March 12, 1946. She is the daughter of singer and actress Judy Garland and film director Vincente Minnelli.
Already established as a nightclub singer and musical theater actress, she first attracted critical acclaim for her dramatic performances in the movies "The Sterile Cuckoo" (1969), and "Tell Me That You Love Me, Junie Moon" (1970); Minnelli then rose to international stardom for her appearance as Sally Bowles in the 1972 film version of the Broadway musical Cabaret, for which she won the Academy Award for Best Actress in a Leading Role. She later co-starred in "Arthur" (1981), with Dudley Moore (in the title role) and Sir John Gielgud.
Minnelli has won four Tony Awards, including a Special Tony Award. She has also won an Oscar, an Emmy Award, two Golden Globes and a Grammy Legend Award for her contributions and influence in the recording field, along with many other honors and awards.
In 2000, Minnelli was inducted into the American Theater Hall of Fame.
- 1 Hutch Reopens After Overturned Vehicle Accident; Stop-And-Go Delays On I-95
- 2 Police Seek Suspect In Scarsdale Dry Cleaner Robbery
- 3 Daughters Defend Edgemont Mother Who Drove SUV In Fatal Train Crash
- 4 TV Show Interview With Daughters Of SUV Driver In Fatal Crash Postponed
- 5 Scarsdale Police Have Busy Weekend With Two DWI Arrests