SCARSDALE, N.Y. -- Happy Birthday to Scarsdale’s Liza Minnelli!
Minnelli, who attended Scarsdale High School, turns 68 on Wednesday.
Liza May Minnelli, an actress, singer and dancer was born March 12, 1946. She is the daughter of singer and actress Judy Garland and film director Vincente Minnelli.
Already established as a nightclub singer and musical theater actress, she first attracted critical acclaim for her dramatic performances in the movies "The Sterile Cuckoo" (1969), and "Tell Me That You Love Me, Junie Moon" (1970); Minnelli then rose to international stardom for her appearance as Sally Bowles in the 1972 film version of the Broadway musical Cabaret, for which she won the Academy Award for Best Actress in a Leading Role. She later co-starred in "Arthur" (1981), with Dudley Moore (in the title role) and Sir John Gielgud.
Minnelli has won four Tony Awards, including a Special Tony Award. She has also won an Oscar, an Emmy Award, two Golden Globes and a Grammy Legend Award for her contributions and influence in the recording field, along with many other honors and awards.
In 2000, Minnelli was inducted into the American Theater Hall of Fame.
- 1 Multivehicle Accident Reported In Shopping Center In Scarsdale
- 2 Scarsdale Couple Suing Golf Club, Saying Balls Are Flying Into Yard
- 3 Alert Issued For Missing Woman, 80, Who Could Be In Westchester
- 4 Scarsdale Will See Temperature Plunge On Sunday
- 5 Freeze Warning Is In Effect For Parts Of Westchester County