SCARSDALE, N.Y. -- Happy Birthday to Scarsdale’s Paul Heyman!
Paul Heyman, who was born in Scarsdale, turns 51 on Sunday.
Heyman, a professional wrestling manager, promoter, commentator and entertainment producer, currently signed to WWE, was born Sept. 11, 1965. He owned and was the creative visionary behind the revolutionary Extreme Championship Wrestling (ECW) promotion from September 1993 until its closure in 2001. He has managed five WWE world heavyweight champions (a record) including Brock Lesnar, Big Show, Kurt Angle, Rob Van Dam, and CM Punk.
Heyman is also the co-founder and executive producer for The Looking4Larry Agency, a New York City-based advertising-marketing-branding firm known for its innovative social media campaigns and interactive reach with various demographics. Heyman is a celebrated marketer, having placed on the prestigious list of Advertising Age's Top 100 Global Marketers.
Some of his awards and accomplishments are:
- Pro Wrestling Illustrated, PWI Manager of the Year (1992).
- Wrestling Observer Newsletter Awards
- Best Booker (1994–1997, 2002)
- Best on Interviews (2013)
- Best Non-Wrestler (2001–2002, 2004, 2012–2013)
- Wrestling Observer Newsletter Hall of Fame (Class of 2005).