SCARSDALE, N.Y. -- For the third year the JCC of Mid-Westchester County will be presenting their Teen Community Service Award to junior or senior high school students who have shown commitment to the Westchester community through volunteerism.
These are the criteria that will be used in determining the award::
- Deep commitment to, and demonstration of, making a positive difference in the Westchester community
- Identification of an issue in our community that he/she has acted to address
- Impact on an issue that he/she has made to date
- Role in inspiring and encouraging others to expand their world view
- Openness to a diversity of skill, culture and experience
- Appreciation of a balance in his/her life, which promotes his/her own health and wellness, as well as that of his/her family and the Westchester community
- Contributions to the building of a healthy community by raising awareness of and respecting his/her environment.
A selection committee will determine the award recipients. All applications must be received by Oct. 7.
Please send applications to: Helene Schonbrun at firstname.lastname@example.org or JCC Mid- Westchester, 999 Wilmot Road, Scarsdale, NY 10583.
Awards will be distributed at the JCCMW Social Action Day event on Sunday, October 25, at the JCC of Mid-Westchester.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.