SCARSDALE, N.Y. – Jeffery C. Brown will be officially installed as rabbi of the Scarsdale Synagogue Temples Tremont and Emanu-El at Shabbat and Hanukkah services on Dec. 14.
Brown will become the congregation’s third senior rabbi since it was founded 50 years ago, succeeding Rabbi Stephen A. Klein, who has been the senior rabbi for two decades. Klein will remain affiliated with the synagogue, serving as rabbi emeritus.
The installation ceremony will be conducted by Rabbi David Ellenson, the president of Hebrew Union College-Jewish Institute of Religion. Accompanying Ellenson will be David Frank, the senior rabbi of Temple Solel in California, where Brown served as associate rabbi for more than seven years before his move to Scarsdale.
The congregation’s cantor, Chanin Becker; Lisa Goldstein, the executive director of the Institute for Jewish Spirituality; and Cantor Leigh Korn of Temple Isaiah in California will also participate in the ceremony. A reception will follow services.
The community is invited to join the celebration at 7:30 p.m. on the seventh night of Hanukkah in the Synagogue’s sanctuary on Ogden Road.
- 1 Westchester Attorney Charged With Stealing Over $1M From Escrow Accounts
- 2 Serious Multi-Vehicle Accident Closes Saw Mill River Parkway
- 3 Westchester Publisher Charged With Loan, Tax Fraud
- 4 NYPD Officer, Former Section 1 Basketball Star, Killed In Bronx Crash
- 5 Mrs. Westchester Charged With Stealing From Group Home