SCARSDALE, N.Y. – Scarsdale interior designer Monica Kahn is one of several award winners who will be honored by Westchester Magazine at its second annual Design Awards.
The designer, who owns Monica Kahn Designs, was the winner in three categories. She will be celebrated for submitting the best master bedroom, contemporary living room and children’s bedroom.
Westchester Home Magazine received 127 submissions from 40 area designers and architects, a rise from last year’s inaugural awards, according to executive editor Nancy Claus.
“We had some very tough decisions to make from all the really impressive work we received,” she added. “The best always have a way of standing out.”
Other awards were issued for interior design in other rooms in the house, as well as contemporary and classic architecture. Faculty and staff from the New York School of Interior Design in Manhattan helped judge entries.
The winners will be celebrated from 6-8 p.m. Feb. 28 at the Hudson Harbor Clubhouse in Tarrytown. Tickets will cost $25 per person and can be purchased by calling (914) 345-0601, ext. 149. Admission features cocktails and hors d’oeuvres.
Kahn did not return inquiries Wednesday to The Scarsdale Daily Voice.
- 1 Scarsdale Man, 34, Charged With DWI On Sprain Brook Parkway
- 2 Michael Douglas, Catherine Zeta-Jones Buy New Westchester Home
- 3 Mount Vernon Motorcyclist, 29, Killed In Taconic Parkway Crash Is ID'd
- 4 Hutchinson Parkway Reopens After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire
- 5 First Snowfall Of Season In Scarsdale Could Arrive Over Weekend