SCARSDALE, N.Y. – Residents learned how to get the most out of their Scrabble and Words With Friends tiles on Wednesday at the Jewish Community Center (JCC) of Mid-Westchester, on the Scarsdale-New Rochelle line.
Three-time national Scrabble champion Joe Edley taught strategies to a group of 25 enthusiasts during a two-hour class.
During the workshop, participants learned how to use two-letter words more effectively and how to earn bonus points by crafting seven- and eight-letter words. Edley instructed about which individual letters should be held onto for optimal use and how to focus quickly on the best word plays.
Edley is a professional Scrabble player who has been on the tournament circuit for more than 30 years. He is an expert consultant for the National Scrabble Association and is the co-author of “Everything Scrabble.”
- 1 Westchester Attorney Charged With Stealing Over $1M From Escrow Accounts
- 2 Serious Multi-Vehicle Accident Closes Saw Mill River Parkway
- 3 Westchester Publisher Charged With Loan, Tax Fraud
- 4 Westchester Customers Could Be Affected By Home Depot Credit Card Breach
- 5 Big City Medical Care Now Available In Smalltown Bronxville