SCARSDALE, N.Y. – Sonny Mancuso, 91, of Hartsdale, died Wednesday, April 11, in Dobbs Ferry.
Mancuso owned the Holiday Inn catering restaurant in Scarsdale. He was also a member of the Scarsdale Elks Club.
He was born Sept. 9, 1920, in the Bronx. He served in the U.S. Army during World War II and on Sept. 6, 1944, married Mary "Mae" Murray in Verplanck.
Mancuso was a longtime active member of Our Lady of Mt. Carmel Church in Elmsford as well as a member of the Elmsford Italian American Club and the American Legion. A former chairman of the Greenburgh Republican Party, he also volunteered at the Rosary Hill Home in Hawthorne.
Survivors, in addition to his wife, are a daughter, Nancy (Michael) Bowerman; two sons, Robert (Helene) Mancuso and John (Tricia) Mancuso; four grandchildren and a great-grandson.
The family will receive friends from 4 to 8 p.m. Friday at the Ballard-Durand Funeral Home chapel in Elmsford. A Mass will be celebrated at 10 a.m. on Saturday at Our Lady of Mt. Carmel Church, followed by burial in Gate of Heaven Cemetery in Hawthorne.
Memorial contributions may be made to the Rosary Hill Home, 600 Linda Ave., Hawthorne, NY 10532.
- 1 U.S. $1.1M Water Treatment Westchester Fine Cites Scarsdale
- 2 Man Found Hiding In Closet At Edgemont Home Is Charged With Burglary
- 3 Police Search For Missing Teen With Medical Needs
- 4 Fireworks Prompt Residents Near Metropolis Country Club To Fear Attack
- 5 Police Apprehend Suspect After Scarsdale Burglary