Scarsdale, N.Y. – More than 1,650 customers were without power in Scarsdale Thursday morning following a Nor’easter that knocked out electricity to more homes throughout Westcheser and delayed Con Edison’s restorations.
An estimated 1,654 out of 6,025 Con Edison customers in Scarsdale were without power in at 5:30 a.m. Thursday, down from 1,775 Wednesday morning.
Con Edison reported approximately 34,101 of its 348,198 Westchester customers out of service as of Thursday morning down from 36,734 Wednesday morning.
Crews were working to restore 67,000 customers in New York City and Westchester County when the nor-easter hit, knocking out power to 55,000 customers in both areas. Crews repairing overhead equipment from Hurricane Sandy outages were delayed, unable to work safely in high winds.
Con Edison crews, mutual aid workers and contractors have restored service to about 957,000 customers from both storms. Crews have been responding to more than 100,000 downed wires and are working with emergency services personnel to open blocked roads.
Customers can report downed power lines, outages, and check service restoration status by computer or mobile device at www.conEd.com. They also can call 1-800-75-CONED (1-800-752-6633). Customers who report outages will be called by Con Edison with their estimated restoration times as they become available, according to the release.
- 1 Broadway Producer's Westchester Home Hits The Market For $29.5M
- 2 Nearly One Million Bicycles Are Recalled After Rider Is Paralyzed
- 3 'I Am A Woman,' Westchester Native Bruce Jenner Says In TV Interview
- 4 Police Seeking Public's Help In Search For Missing Greenwich Teen Girl
- 5 Funeral Services Held For 20-Year-Old College Student From Westchester