SCARSDALE, N.Y. – More than 1,800 Con Edison customers were without power in Scarsdale Wednesday morning, more than a week after Hurricane Sandy brought strong winds, rain and flooding to the area.
An estimated 1,844 Con Edison customers were without power in Scarsdale at 11:30 a.m. Wednesday, down from 3,113 Tuesday morning.
Utility officials estimate 36,734 out of 348,198 Con Edison customers in Westchester were without power at 10:30 a.m. Wednesday, down from 52,868 Tuesday morning.
Con Ed officials said crews are working around the clock to restore power and will get help Wednesday from 300 mutual aid workers. Despite the additional help, the predicted arrival of a Nor’easter Wednesday could dampen progress.
- 1 Man Found Hiding In Closet At Edgemont Home Is Charged With Burglary
- 2 Boil Water Advisory Affects 150,000 Westchester Residents
- 3 Daughter Of Eastchester Man Sentenced In Crash That Killed Three
- 4 Fireworks Prompt Residents Near Metropolis Country Club To Fear Attack
- 5 Police Apprehend Suspect After Scarsdale Burglary