SCARSDALE, N.Y. – The Hoff-Barthelson Music School in Scarsdale will celebrate the Bach stars of the Baroque composition world at its 2013 Baroque and Beyond Festival.
Each year, the music school presents a festival that is dedicated to the exploration of a specific musical period. This year’s festival will focus on the music of Johann Sebastian Bach and his family.
Performances will include student solo recitals, chamber ensembles, the school’s Festival Orchestra and other student and faculty soloists and ensembles.
The student performances will be held on March 2 and March 7 through 9 at Hoff-Barthelson Music School. The recitals are free and open to the public.
During the weekend of March 2, the Festival Orchestra will perform under the direction of Jun Nakabayashi at the Community Unitarian Church in White Plains to play some of Bach’s greatest works.
On March 3, there will be a master class with students with guest pianist and harpsichord Kenneth Cooper. Cooper is a specialist in 18th century music and will be teaching the music of the Bach family. He is the music director for the Berkshire Bach Ensemble.
- 1 Cousin Charged In Death Of 5-Year-Old Subject Of Amber Alert
- 2 Eastchester Father, Daughter Facing Charges In Crash That Killed Three Boys
- 3 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Scarsdale
- 4 Police Investigate Series of Home Burglaries Near Scarsdale Border
- 5 Missing Larchmont Woman, 72, Is Found Safe In Manhattan