WESTCHESTER,N.Y. ‒ Two weeks after Hurricane Sandy struck, Con Edison says it is close to restoring remaining outages among the tens of thousands of customers affected in Westchester County.
As of 9:45 a.m. Monday, Nov. 12, approximately 220 customers were still without power, mostly in New Rochelle, White Plains and New Castle.
The remainder are expected to be restored by 11 p.m. Monday, according to the utility's website.
Con Edison says it has restored power to more than 1 million customers in Westchester and New York City.
That does not include 16,300 customers in flood-ravaged areas of Brooklyn, Queens and Staten Island.
- 1 Scarsdale Couple Suing Golf Club, Saying Balls Are Flying Into Yard
- 2 Woman Allegedly Uses Child To Steal Wallet In Central Avenue Pizzeria
- 3 NYC Doctor Is First Person In Area To Test Positive For Ebola
- 4 Female Suspect From Pelham Identified In NJ Bank Theft
- 5 Stepinac's Jack Dailey Honored For Saving An Elderly Neighbor, Baby