WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. – No power outages were reported overnight during the winter storm, Con Edison said Saturday.
The power company says there have been few downed trees and overage damage has not been significant.
However, officials note that high winds and gusts Saturday afternoon could still produce power outages. Crews will continue to work on restoring power as conditions allow.
Report downed power lines and outages at www.coned.com/ReportOutage or by calling all1-800-75-CONED (1-800-752-6633).
Con Edison offers the following safety tips:
- If you see downed electrical wires, do not go near them. Treat all downed wires as if they are live. Never attempt to move them or touch them with your hands or any object. Be mindful that downed wires can be hidden from view by tree limbs or snow.
- Report all downed wires to Con Edison and your local police department immediately. If a power line falls on your car while you’re in it, stay inside the vehicle and wait for emergency personnel.
- If your power goes out, disconnect or turn off appliances that would otherwise turn on automatically when service is restored. If several appliances start up at once, the electric circuits may overload.
- Check to make sure your flashlights and any battery-operated radios are in working order. Make sure you have extra batteries.
- 1 Scarsdale Couple To Make Small Screen Debut On CBS
- 2 Scarsdale Resident Starts Coat Refurbishing Business
- 3 Head Of Yoga Empire With Scarsdale Location Faces Rape Allegation
- 4 State Police Warn Scarsdale Residents Of Phone Scam
- 5 Funeral Arrangements Announced For Teenage Sisters Murdered In Harrison