Contact Us
Scarsdale Daily Voice serves Hartsdale & Scarsdale
Return to your home site


Scarsdale Daily Voice serves Hartsdale & Scarsdale

Nearby Towns

Breaking News: Westchester Man Found Dead On Old Croton Aqueduct

Cooking Smoke Ignites Scarsdale Fire Dept. Action

SCARSDALE, N.Y. – The Scarsdale Fire Department responded to three cooking fires over the holiday week, but all were contained to the cooking containers.

The most recent was at 10:52 a.m. Monday, Dec. 26, at a Brewster Road residence, where a general alarm was believed to be set off by burned food.

At 4:04 p.m. Saturday, the Fire Department responded to an alarm at a Madison Road home, again activated from cooking smoke.

A microwave fire brought a response to another Madison Road home at 7:28 p.m. Tuesday, Dec. 21. According to the Fire Department report, food was burned in the microwave, creating a small fire. The microwave was removed from the home and the house was ventilated.

to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.

Welcome to

Scarsdale Daily Voice!

Serves Hartsdale & Scarsdale

Hi! You've read our articles so we know you like our reporting. To keep reading please join our mailing list.

Get important news about your town as it happens.