SCARSDALE, N.Y. – A portion of the Merchant's Parking Lot on East Parkway will be closed beginning May 31 to accommodate a $40 million construction and replacement of the Crane Road bridges over Metro-North Railroad and the Bronx River.
About half of the lot will be affected. It will remain closed throughout construction, which is expected to take 34 months. That portion of the lot will be used to stage construction equipment and materials.
Westchester County is doing the bridge project. To construct the project as designed, the county acquired five parcels from the village, both permanently and temporarily, including the parking lot. The Village Board of Trustees granted a temporary easement agreement for this purpose. As a result, the village will have half of the use of the Merchant's Parking Lot throughout the work.
A reduced number of Merchant Lot parking permits will be sold on a lottery basis for the 2012-13 parking permit year of July 1, 2012, to June 30, 2013. Permit applications for the lottery will be accepted by the village clerk from June 1 to 20. Information and applications on these permits are available on the village's website.
Applications must be completed in full and include copies of a valid driver's license and vehicle registration. Village merchants are also eligible for Scarsdale Avenue meter permits and Freightway Garage resident permits.
- 1 Police Search For Suspect In Armed Robbery At Scarsdale Dry Cleaners
- 2 Hutch Reopens After Overturned Vehicle Accident; Stop-And-Go Delays On I-95
- 3 Police Seek Suspect In Scarsdale Dry Cleaner Robbery
- 4 TV Show Interview With Daughters Of SUV Driver In Fatal Crash Postponed
- 5 Daughters Defend Edgemont Mother Who Drove SUV In Fatal Train Crash