WESTCHESTER, N.Y. — New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo has announced that, due to the accelerating severity of Winter Storm Nemo and the expected heavy snowfall accumulations, Metro-North Railroad will suspend all service, effective 10 p.m. Friday.
The move, said Cuomo, is to reduce the likelihood of stranded trains and to begin snow-clearing operations. The suspension of service will continue until further notice.
In addition, Grand Central Terminal will close after the last trains arrive at about midnight.
Customers are advised to limit travel or stay home if possible.
Check back with The Daily Voice for updates.
- 1 Former White Plains Officer Left Suicide Note At Harrison Murder Scene
- 2 Scarsdale Couple To Make Small Screen Debut On CBS
- 3 Head Of Yoga Empire With Scarsdale Location Faces Rape Allegation
- 4 NTSB Says It Could Take Full Year To Complete Valhalla Crash Investigation
- 5 Scarsdale Resident Starts Coat Refurbishing Business