This story has been updated.
WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- The dangerous dog that escaped from the SPCA of Westchester in Briarcliff was located by a police patrol unit Wednesday and has been returned to the SPCA, Westchester Police said.
Police had warned residents on that a dog that is possibly a Pit bull mix escaped late Monday morning from SPCA of Westchester on North State Road in Briarcliff Manor.
The dog is brown colored and weighs between 50 and 60 pounds. In issuing the advisory, the police warned that the dog is not friendly and will bite if approached.
- 1 Hutch Reopens After Overturned Vehicle Accident; Stop-And-Go Delays On I-95
- 2 Police Seek Suspect In Scarsdale Dry Cleaner Robbery
- 3 Daughters Defend Edgemont Mother Who Drove SUV In Fatal Train Crash
- 4 TV Show Interview With Daughters Of SUV Driver In Fatal Crash Postponed
- 5 Snow Could Return To Scarsdale For Monday Morning Commute