This story has been updated.
WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- The dangerous dog that escaped from the SPCA of Westchester in Briarcliff was located by a police patrol unit Wednesday and has been returned to the SPCA, Westchester Police said.
Police had warned residents on that a dog that is possibly a Pit bull mix escaped late Monday morning from SPCA of Westchester on North State Road in Briarcliff Manor.
The dog is brown colored and weighs between 50 and 60 pounds. In issuing the advisory, the police warned that the dog is not friendly and will bite if approached.
- 1 Scarsdale Couple Suing Golf Club, Saying Balls Are Flying Into Yard
- 2 Woman Allegedly Uses Child To Steal Wallet In Central Avenue Pizzeria
- 3 NYC Doctor Is First Person In Area To Test Positive For Ebola
- 4 Female Suspect From Pelham Identified In NJ Bank Theft
- 5 Scarsdale Meets Mamaroneck Saturday In Football Playoffs