SCARSDALE, N.Y. -- The family of Karl Erik Peterson, the Scarsdale High School graduate who jumped to his death from the Tappan Zee Bridge on Wednesday, April 9, said they were "blindsided" by the event, according to LoHud.com.
Peterson, who was the art director at Motif Designs in Mamaroneck, was also a lead singer in a number of bands. Peterson's family described him as a talented young man who didn't fully appreciate himself, LoHud.com reported.
Peterson's family did say that the 29-year-old had struggled with substance abuse in his past but that he had passed his drug tests recently. He also battled with Type 1 diabetes and wore a medicine pump to combat it, LoHud.com said.
The Perterson family will hold services on Saturday, April 12, at 11 a.m. at their Scarsdale home at 54 Park Road, according to LoHud.com.
- 1 Former White Plains Officer Left Suicide Note At Harrison Murder Scene
- 2 Scarsdale Couple To Make Small Screen Debut On CBS
- 3 Scarsdale Resident Starts Coat Refurbishing Business
- 4 Head Of Yoga Empire With Scarsdale Location Faces Rape Allegation
- 5 State Police Warn Scarsdale Residents Of Phone Scam