NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. -- The family of missing Pelham native Harry Devert continued to search for answers Wednesday after never receiving an update they expected from government officials Tuesday.
According to family friend and spokeswoman Jackie Burrell, FBI officials were expected to call at 4 p.m. Tuesday with information after the federal agents were briefed in Washington, D.C.
Burrell, who came from Florida to help Devert's mother Ann in the search, said Wednesday the family has received several leads through the search's email and Facebook page. She would not elaborate on what kind of information they have received.
The FBI and U.S. Embassy in Mexico have been searching for the 32-year-old, who is believed to be missing near Morella, Michoacan in Southwest Mexico.
According to Devert's mother, New Rochelle resident Ann Devert, the 1999 Pelham High School graduate dropped out of contact three weeks ago while on a motorcycling trip across Latin America leading up to the 2014 FIFA World Cup in Brazil, which is scheduled for June.
The FBI warned the family to be wary of emails from scammers claiming to know the whereabouts of the young world-traveler and blogger.
However, the family plans on keeping an open mind and following whatever leads possible.
Any information on the whereabouts of Harry Devert can be sent to email@example.com.
Check back with the Daily Voice for updates.
- 1 Scarsdale Resident Indicted In Metro-North Test Cheating Ring
- 2 Former Exec From PepsiCo In Purchase Resigns From Toyota After Drug Bust
- 3 July 4 Terror Threat Is 'Nothing Routine,' Says Former CIA Deputy Director
- 4 Man, 29, Pleads Guilty To Child Porn Charges, Says Westchester DA
- 5 July 4 Terror Warning Security Measures In Westchester Detailed