SCARSDALE, N.Y. -- A propane leak in a Scarsdale neighborhood yesterday was contained before it could become explosive and deadly.
News 12 Hudson Valley reports that first responders received a call at around 10 a.m. from a contractor who smelled fumes from a propane tank at 136 Saxon Woods Road.
Almost three dozen emergency personnel rushed to the scene to contain the leak. HAZMAT officials burned off the leaking fuel in the air after setting up a "burning tree."
No injuries were reported.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.