ELMSFORD, N.Y. - The Food Bank for Westchester is asking for donations of food and money to help keep its emergency efforts going in the aftermath of Hurricane Sandy. Here’s how to help and how to get help if you need it:
To donate food: Drop off food at the food bank’s warehouse, 200 Clearbrook Road, Elmsford any time between 8 and 5 weekdays. Items needed include tuna, bread, cold cuts, bananas, oranges, apples, shelf-stable milk, cereal, granola bars, peanut butter (plastic containers only, please), juice boxes, crackers, meal-in-a-can, pop-top soups, applesauce or mixed fruit cup. The food bank also needs personal hygiene products.
To donate money: You can do so online at the food bank’s website, or mail a check payable to the Food Bank for Westchester, 200 Clearbrook Road., Elmsford, NY 10523. For every $1 donated, the Food Bank can acquire $4 worth of food.
For more information, call (914) 923-1100.
- 1 Police Search For Suspect In Armed Robbery At Scarsdale Dry Cleaners
- 2 Westchester Private Schools Rank Among 'Smartest' In Nation
- 3 Daughters Of Edgemont Driver Of SUV In Fatal Crash Will Be On 'Today' Show
- 4 Police Charge Student In Swastika Case At Purchase College
- 5 Police Seek Suspect In Scarsdale Dry Cleaner Robbery