ELMSFORD, N.Y. - The Food Bank for Westchester is asking for donations of food and money to help keep its emergency efforts going in the aftermath of Hurricane Sandy. Here’s how to help and how to get help if you need it:
To donate food: Drop off food at the food bank’s warehouse, 200 Clearbrook Road, Elmsford any time between 8 and 5 weekdays. Items needed include tuna, bread, cold cuts, bananas, oranges, apples, shelf-stable milk, cereal, granola bars, peanut butter (plastic containers only, please), juice boxes, crackers, meal-in-a-can, pop-top soups, applesauce or mixed fruit cup. The food bank also needs personal hygiene products.
To donate money: You can do so online at the food bank’s website, or mail a check payable to the Food Bank for Westchester, 200 Clearbrook Road., Elmsford, NY 10523. For every $1 donated, the Food Bank can acquire $4 worth of food.
For more information, call (914) 923-1100.
- 1 Man Found Hiding In Closet At Edgemont Home Is Charged With Burglary
- 2 U.S. $1.1M Water Treatment Westchester Fine Cites Scarsdale
- 3 Police Search For Missing Teen With Medical Needs
- 4 Fireworks Prompt Residents Near Metropolis Country Club To Fear Attack
- 5 Police Apprehend Suspect After Scarsdale Burglary