ELMSFORD, N.Y. - The Food Bank for Westchester is asking for donations of food and money to help keep its emergency efforts going in the aftermath of Hurricane Sandy. Here’s how to help and how to get help if you need it:
To donate food: Drop off food at the food bank’s warehouse, 200 Clearbrook Road, Elmsford any time between 8 and 5 weekdays. Items needed include tuna, bread, cold cuts, bananas, oranges, apples, shelf-stable milk, cereal, granola bars, peanut butter (plastic containers only, please), juice boxes, crackers, meal-in-a-can, pop-top soups, applesauce or mixed fruit cup. The food bank also needs personal hygiene products.
To donate money: You can do so online at the food bank’s website, or mail a check payable to the Food Bank for Westchester, 200 Clearbrook Road., Elmsford, NY 10523. For every $1 donated, the Food Bank can acquire $4 worth of food.
For more information, call (914) 923-1100.
- 1 18-24 Inches Of Snow Now Possible In Scarsdale; Blizzard Warning Issued
- 2 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Scarsdale, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 3 Bigger Storm Could Be Coming Soon After Westchester Sees 6-8 Inches Of Snow
- 4 Winter Weather Advisory In Effect For Scarsdale
- 5 Scarsdale Dodges Worst Of Nor'ester