SCARSDALE, N.Y. – A car traveling north on the Hutchinson River Parkway lost control and careered off the road near Mamaroneck Road in Scarsdale on Tuesday afternoon.
According to Kieran O’Leary, the spokesperson for the Westchester County Police, at about 12:15 p.m. a Subaru Forester rolled over and came to a rest in the water that runs along the parkway in an upright position, facing south. The roof was crushed when the vehicle rolled and the driver had to be extricated by Westchester County Police and Scarsdale firefighters.
The male driver was unconscious when he was removed from his vehicle at 12:49. He was taken by ambulance to the Westchester County Medical Center in Valhalla. The accident caused traffic to come to a near halt and was backed up for miles.
- 1 Edgemont, Scarsdale High Schools Rank In Top 10 Among New York's Best
- 2 Winter Storm Watch Issued For Scarsdale; 6-12 Inches Of Snow Likely
- 3 Student With Measles Rode Upstate Through Westchester
- 4 Snow Could Affect Friday Morning Commute In Scarsdale
- 5 Scarsdale Will See Dangerous Wind Chills As Low As 15 Below Zero