WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- More than 4,000 Westchester County residents currently receiving jobless aid will stop receiving it as of Saturday, according to Congresswoman Nita Lowey after the U.S. Congress recessed for the year without extending long-term unemployment benefits.
Nationally, 1.3 million who have been unemployed for more than 26 weeks will be affected.
More than 100,000 residents in New York state will be affected by the end of benefits, according to LoHud.com.
New York state's jobless rate shrank by 0.3-percent last month, but more than 700,000 New Yorkers are still without work.
- 1 Multivehicle Accident Reported In Shopping Center In Scarsdale
- 2 Scarsdale Couple Suing Golf Club, Saying Balls Are Flying Into Yard
- 3 Woman Allegedly Uses Child To Steal Wallet In Central Avenue Pizzeria
- 4 NYC Doctor Is First Person In Area To Test Positive For Ebola
- 5 Female Suspect From Pelham Identified In NJ Bank Theft