WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- An early morning accident on the southbound Major Deegan Expressway (I-87) caused heavy delays on Westchester County roadways during Thursday morning's commute.
Two lanes were blocked between Central Park Avenue (Route 100) and Van Cortlandt Park South (exit 11) for more than two hours. The lanes reopened at 8:45 a.m. The accident involved 12 or more vehicles, according to a report on CBS 2.
An accident on the Hutchinson River Parkway North between northbound I-95 and Route 1, reported at 8 a.m., is causing delays.
- 1 Scarsdale Couple Suing Golf Club, Saying Balls Are Flying Into Yard
- 2 Woman Allegedly Uses Child To Steal Wallet In Central Avenue Pizzeria
- 3 NYC Doctor Is First Person In Area To Test Positive For Ebola
- 4 Female Suspect From Pelham Identified In NJ Bank Theft
- 5 Stepinac's Jack Dailey Honored For Saving An Elderly Neighbor, Baby