WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. - The autistic Mount Vernon teenager that went missing nearly two weeks ago has been recovered by police in East Harlem after he was caught trying to shoplift goods at Target on Monday.
Jonathan Bryant, 15, was turned over to Mount Vernon police officials on Monday night after NYPD officers discovered that he was the subject of a Westchester County search. He was found in good health and has been taken to a juvenile facility while the facts of the case are determined.
A missing child report was issued for Bryant on Friday, Aug. 8 in Rockland, Orange and Westchester counties, as well as all of New York City. According to reports, Bryant said that he survived by sleeping on parks at night and panhandling for food rations and cash.
It had been reported that Bryant has an interest in trains and has gone missing in the past. The investigation into his 11-day disappearance is ongoing. Keep following Daily Voice for more details as they become available.
- 1 Police Shoot, Kill Fugitive Richard Matt; Fellow Escapee David Sweat On Run
- 2 July 4 Terror Warning Issued By Homeland Security, FBI
- 3 Second Escapee David Sweat Shot By New York State Police, Now In Hospital
- 4 Eastchester Dad Looks To Reduce Charges In Car Accident That Killed Three
- 5 Heavy Rain Headed To Scarsdale, Thunderstorms Possible