WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. - The autistic Mount Vernon teenager that went missing nearly two weeks ago has been recovered by police in East Harlem after he was caught trying to shoplift goods at Target on Monday.
Jonathan Bryant, 15, was turned over to Mount Vernon police officials on Monday night after NYPD officers discovered that he was the subject of a Westchester County search. He was found in good health and has been taken to a juvenile facility while the facts of the case are determined.
A missing child report was issued for Bryant on Friday, Aug. 8 in Rockland, Orange and Westchester counties, as well as all of New York City. According to reports, Bryant said that he survived by sleeping on parks at night and panhandling for food rations and cash.
It had been reported that Bryant has an interest in trains and has gone missing in the past. The investigation into his 11-day disappearance is ongoing. Keep following Daily Voice for more details as they become available.
- 1 Once In A Million Space Event Will Be Over Scarsdale Skies Sunday
- 2 Scarsdale Will See Big Drop In Temperature This Weekend
- 3 Scarsdale Will See Temperature Plunge On Sunday
- 4 Freeze Warning Is In Effect For Parts Of Westchester County
- 5 Alert Issued For Missing Woman, 80, Who Could Be In Westchester