SCARSDALE, N.Y. – After the Scarsdale Board of Trustees relaxed the regulations regarding the installation of permanent emergency generators last week, it’s a safe bet most residents didn’t expect they’d need to use them so quickly.
As of 10 a.m., more than 100 Con Edison customers had lost power in the village as a result of the storm that hit Westchester County Wednesday night into Thursday morning.
Two outages on Stratton Road have left seven customers without power, while downed wires near Grand Boulevard and Johnson Road have knocked out power to a pair of homes.
According to the Con Edison Outage Map, service should be restored to all customers by 6 p.m. on Thursday.
- 1 18-24 Inches Of Snow Now Possible In Scarsdale; Blizzard Warning Issued
- 2 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Scarsdale, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 3 Bigger Storm Could Be Coming Soon After Westchester Sees 6-8 Inches Of Snow
- 4 Winter Weather Advisory In Effect For Scarsdale
- 5 Accidents On Slippery Westchester Roadways Include Jackknifed Trailer