SCARSDALE, N.Y. – After the Scarsdale Board of Trustees relaxed the regulations regarding the installation of permanent emergency generators last week, it’s a safe bet most residents didn’t expect they’d need to use them so quickly.
As of 10 a.m., more than 100 Con Edison customers had lost power in the village as a result of the storm that hit Westchester County Wednesday night into Thursday morning.
Two outages on Stratton Road have left seven customers without power, while downed wires near Grand Boulevard and Johnson Road have knocked out power to a pair of homes.
According to the Con Edison Outage Map, service should be restored to all customers by 6 p.m. on Thursday.
- 1 Westchester School Closing, Early Dismissal Rundown
- 2 Scarsdale Could See 4-8 Inches Of Snow Wednesday
- 3 Westchester's Hillary Clinton Tied With Christie, Romney In Poll
- 4 Westchester's Highest Snowfall Totals Are Expected North Of I-287
- 5 Westchester Roadways Have Heavy Volume With Storm, Thanksgiving Approaching