NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. -- New Rochelle native and Baltimore Ravens running back Ray Rice pleaded not guilty on Thursday, May 1, to charges he assaulted his wife in an Atlantic City Casino in February, according to the Baltimore Sun.
Rice and his legal counsel also applied for a diversionary program as a first-time offender, the Baltimore Sun reported.
Rice and his then-fiance,Janay Palmer, were both arrested following the incident in February, but charges against Palmer were later dropped while the NFL Pro Bowler had his charges upgraded to third-degree aggravated assault. The couple married in March, the paper said.
If convicted, Rice could spend up to five years in prison, according to the Baltimore Sun.
- 1 Autopsy Released For Woman Found Naked In Neighbor's Yard In Yonkers
- 2 Long Island Man Found Drunk, Passed Out In Scarsdale Driveway, Police Say
- 3 Billionaire Westchester Businessman, Philanthropist Jerome Kohlberg Dies
- 4 Scarsdale Residents Get To See Blue Moon Friday Night
- 5 Scarsdale Bank Robbery Among Latest Sparking Concern