NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. -- New Rochelle native and Baltimore Ravens running back Ray Rice pleaded not guilty on Thursday, May 1, to charges he assaulted his wife in an Atlantic City Casino in February, according to the Baltimore Sun.
Rice and his legal counsel also applied for a diversionary program as a first-time offender, the Baltimore Sun reported.
Rice and his then-fiance,Janay Palmer, were both arrested following the incident in February, but charges against Palmer were later dropped while the NFL Pro Bowler had his charges upgraded to third-degree aggravated assault. The couple married in March, the paper said.
If convicted, Rice could spend up to five years in prison, according to the Baltimore Sun.
- 1 Once In A Million Space Event Will Be Over Scarsdale Skies Sunday
- 2 Flooding, Accidents Cause Thursday Morning Delays
- 3 Movie Scene Filmed At Scarsdale's Numi & Co.' Sister Salon in Rye
- 4 Astorino, Jindal Team Up To Call For Ebola Airport Restrictions
- 5 Scarsdale Will See Big Drop In Temperature This Weekend