WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- New York is one of the states that is least dependent on the federal government, according to a new study from WalletHub.
The personal finance social network known as WalletHub released analysis that illustrates which states are most and least dependent on the federal government. After comparing 50 states and Washington, D.C., New York tied for 17th overall.
New York came in seventh in "Lowest Return on Federal Income Tax," 41st in "Highest Independent State Revenue" and ninth in "Least Federal Employees Per Capita," according to the study.
"The extent to which the average American’s tax burden would vary based on his state of residence represents a significant point of differentiation between state economies. But it’s only once piece of the puzzle," according to the study. "The idea of the American freeloader burst into the public consciousness when 47 percent started trending on Twitter. And while the notion is senselessly insulting to millions of hardworking Americans, it is true that some states receive a far higher return on their federal income tax investment than others."
- 1 Police Identify Teenagers Involved In Fatal Accident Near Port Chester HS
- 2 Snow Likely In Scarsdale On Busiest Travel Day Of The Year
- 3 Scarsdale's Ciavolino Stars In Stepinac High School Play
- 4 Scarsdale Could See 4-8 Inches Of Snow Wednesday
- 5 New York Ranger Klein A Hit At Scarsdale Appearance