WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. – President Barack Obama declared Westchester County a disaster area Friday, making it eligible for federal aid in the recovery from Hurricane Sandy.
“This is important information for all of those in our county who have been devastated by Sandy,” County Executive Robert Astorino said. “We will continue to share information as we get it. In the meantime, I urge people to register with FEMA.”
If you have unreimbursed losses from the hurricane, you must register with the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) to qualify for federal aid. Register online, on your smartphone or by calling 1-800-621-3362. Those with a speech disability or hearing loss who use TTY should call 1-800-462-7585. Those who use 711 or Video Relay Service (VRS) can call 1-800-621-3362.
Further information will be posted on the Westchester County website as it becomes available.
- 1 Scarsdale DJ Offers Peak Picks For The Holidays
- 2 Police In Search Of Three Missing Teens Who May Be In Westchester
- 3 Scarsdale Woman Charged With DWI On Taconic Parkway
- 4 Amber Alert Issued For 5-Year-Old Forcibly Taken By Two Men
- 5 Police Investigate Series of Home Burglaries Near Scarsdale Border