SCARSDALE, N.Y. - Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Scarsdale this week:
- The self-proclaimed fastest growing "better burger" restaurant, Smashburger, is set to open its newest location on Monday, Dec. 9 at the Midway Shopping Center at 913 Central Park Ave. in Scarsdale.
- The train that derailed Sunday morning in the Bronx was traveling at 82 miles per hour when it went over a curve, National Transportation Safety Board member Earl Weener said at a press conference Monday afternoon at the Hampton Inn in Yonkers.
- Westchester County Police charged a teacher with rape in connection with two sexual encounters she had with a 16-year-old boy at a county park in Mount Vernon.
- Certain motorists around Eastchester and Scarsdale got a little too into the Thanksgiving spirit over the long holiday weekend, as police made several arrests of intoxicated drivers in the area.
- Yonkers Police are searching for three heavily armed men who forced their way into a second-floor home just after midnight on Tuesday, Dec. 3, according to News 12 Westchester.
- Equinox fitness club in Scarsdale is asking both members and non-members to donate toys, art supplies or books as part of its “giving Tuesday" to support the Blythedale Children’s Hospital.