WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. – A Facebook page has been created in hopes of getting the Westchester County Center renamed for former County Executive Andrew P. O'Rourke.
O'Rourke died Jan. 3 at the age of 79. He was appointed county executive in 1983 and was elected to full terms in 1985, 1989 and 1993. As county executive, he pushed through a multimillion-dollar project to rebuild the Westchester County Center.
The "Name the Westchester County Center for Andrew P. O'Rourke" page was created Jan. 11.
- 1 Scarsdale High School Evacuated After Bomb Threat
- 2 Bomb Threat Not Seen As 'Credible' At Scarsdale High School
- 3 Students Return To Scarsdale HS, Dismissed Regularly, After Bomb Threat
- 4 Child Care Council Of Westchester Announces 2015 Champions for Children
- 5 WABC-TV Reporter Lisa Colagrossi Of Stamford Dies At 49