WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. – A Facebook page has been created in hopes of getting the Westchester County Center renamed for former County Executive Andrew P. O'Rourke.
O'Rourke died Jan. 3 at the age of 79. He was appointed county executive in 1983 and was elected to full terms in 1985, 1989 and 1993. As county executive, he pushed through a multimillion-dollar project to rebuild the Westchester County Center.
The "Name the Westchester County Center for Andrew P. O'Rourke" page was created Jan. 11.
- 1 Dozens Sickened In Nine States After Salmonella Outbreak
- 2 U.S. $1.1M Water Treatment Westchester Fine Cites Scarsdale
- 3 Metro-North Trains Returns To Schedule As Grand Central Reopens
- 4 Police Investigating Third Home Burglary In Bronxville This Month
- 5 Westchester Law Enforcement Assists Bronxville In Burglaries Investigation