WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- Here's a look at last week's top stories from around Southern Westchester County.
- One of three winning $1 million tickets in last Saturday's Powerball drawing was sold in a New Rochelle deli.
- HGTV stars Jonathan and Drew Scott of "Property Brothers" were spotted in Rockland and Westchester counties recently.
- Jerry Seinfeld filmed a segment of his web series "Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee" at Rye's Wainwright House on Wednesday, May 4, where he was welcomed by William Guyre, president of the board of trustees.
- A day after a suspicious man in a blue Jeep approached a child walking home from Osborn Elementary School, the Rye City School District emailed parents and staff disclosing Tuesday's incident.
- Most Holy Trinity Roman Catholic Church in Yonkers, shut last year by the archdiocese, has been adopted by an Indian Christian congregation as its new home.
- State police in Westchester are investigating and hoping to crack a 29-year-old cold case in which a 24-year-old Millbrook woman's remains were discovered in Yorktown Heights.
- Afterwhiles, the home where John Cheever died in 1982 and his widow, Mary, died i n 2014, is on the market in Ossining.
- This year's recipient of the Bob Fitzsimmons Scholarship is Christian Prato, a senior at Archbishop Stepinac High School in White Plains.
- Former s tate Republican Senate majority leader Dean Skelos, was sentenced to five years in prison for corruption by a Manhattan federal judge Thursday.
- State police suspect a 27-year-old man from Pomona jumped from the Bear Mountain Bridge on Sunday night, but an underwater search for his body continued on Monday.
- Mamaroneck High School junior softball standout Emma Goldstein has been selected as Mamaroneck High School/ Daily Voice Standout Student-Athlete this week.
- A man in Mount Vernon was shot in the buttocks early Thursday.
- Pelham resident Rachel Cullen pens her first novel, "The Way I've Heard It Should Be," which is set in Rye.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.