SCARSDALE, N.Y. -- From story times to film viewings to activities and games, the Scarsdale Public Library will have dozens of programs for children in April.
For more information on the programs coming to the library, residents canb visit the Scarsdale Public Library website.
- Beginner's Chess. Tuesdays at 6:30 p.m. April 8, (no class on April15), 22, 29 and May 6,13. Online registration is required. Grade 1 and up.
- Storytime in the Afternoon. Tuesdays at 4 p.m., April 1, 8, 22 and 29. Ages 3 1/2 and up. Registration is not required.
- Disney's "Frozen." Thursday, April 3, at 4 p.m., Rated PG. 102 minutes
- Special Diets and Healthy Eating. Saturday, April 12 at 10:30 a.m. Nutritionist Linzy Unger offers real advice on how to present healthy food choices for children, and how to plan meals for children with special diets such as gluten free, diabetic, allergies and more. For parents and kids too! Registration is not required.
- Drop-In Crafts. Thursday, April 10, 4 p.m.-5p.m. Ages 3 1/2 and up. Registration is not required.
- Wag Your Tale. Saturday, April 12 at 3 p.m. Practice your reading skills with a story-loving dog. Registration is required but not limited to Scarsdale card holders.
- My Yogi and Me. Monday, April 21 at 10:30 a.m. Ages 2-5 Registration is required.
- Robert the Guitar Guy. Tuesday, April 22 at 10 a.m. Ages 2-5. Registration is not required.
- Yoga-A-Go-Go. Saturday, April 19 at 11 a.m. Designed for special needs kids. Wheelchair accessible. All are welcome. Registration is not required.
- Parachute Playtime. Saturday, April 26 at 10:30 a.m.. Ages 2-4. Registration is required but not limited to Scarsdale card holders.
- Singing in the Spring! Karaoke for Kids Saturday, April 26 at 2 p.m. You take the stage and sing karaoke while Robert backs you up on guitar!
- Tape It 2 Make It. Monday, April 28, at 4 p.m. Grades 1 and up Registration is required as space is limited. Make something with duct tape.
- Kiddie Kabaret with Nancie Schnur. Tuesday, April 29, 10:30 a.m. Registration is not required. Ages 1 1/2-3 1/2
- Petite Concert with Chi-Chi Lin Bestman. Wednesday, April 30 at 10 a.m. A child-friendly concert with music from the violin and viola. For newborns through pre-school. Registration is not required.