Update: As of 4:30 p.m., a leaky valve is being fixed on Harvest Drive, resulting in a shutdown of water service in the area for an undisclosed amount of time.
SCARSDALE, N.Y. – The water main break that caused certain residents to experience discolored water near Rural Drive has been repaired, according to John Goodwin in the Village Manager’s Office.
The Village Water Department shut off service in the area at approximately 10 a.m. to make repairs, and finished around noon. The discoloration is expected to dissipate throughout the day, but residents are advised to run cold water for a minute or two to ensure it becomes clear.
Goodwin said that those affected should use a sink in the basement, near where the water line enters the house, to check the water. Residents should continue checking every hour until it clears.
Residents were never in danger from the water, which was disinfected and could be consumed; however, it could not be used to wash clothes.
If there are any further questions, call the Water Department at 914-722-1138.
- 1 Scarsdale High School Evacuated After Bomb Threat
- 2 Bomb Threat Not Seen As 'Credible' At Scarsdale High School
- 3 Child Care Council Of Westchester Announces 2015 Champions for Children
- 4 Students Return To Scarsdale HS, Dismissed Regularly, After Bomb Threat
- 5 Eastchester Fire Leaves 11 Out In The Cold